[Spridgets] valve guides

Andy Webster a_d_webster at yahoo.com.au
Sun Aug 26 19:01:13 MDT 2007

cheers derf,

  I dont believe the guides are specific for leded/unleaded fuel, but i believe guide material and the valve material need to be compatible or wear can be accelerated.
  Also, valve stem seals.... Only on the inlets? or exhaust too?

  I have had it with the standard bolts for the main bearings, or more specifically, with the poxy locktabs which seem to be little more than a pre-load losing swarf generator.
  I cant get the bolts torqued up without the locktab deforming, spinning, shredding or squeezing.
  I am buying ARP main studs today.

  Andy

derf <derf247 at gmail.com> wrote:
  Does the guide have to be special for unleaded fuel? Either way,
chief say guides cheap, go new, kemosabbee.