[Spridgets] A Puzzler

dwramsey at att.net dwramsey at att.net
Mon Aug 27 01:42:27 MDT 2007

The BMC61 tag is common on sprites sold in 61 in the USA, mine has it, my neighbor's does also.  By the vin number mine was built around  4JUL60, AN5L 42XXX, not sure about his.  I've seen this same tag on several other cars over the years.  My neighbor's car is red and he bought it new. It is a dark blood red and not resale red like most bug-i's are these days.  The build information is written in yellow crayon on the back of the dash and there are marks on the rear of the tunnel.  The only thing on the back of the dash I wasn't sure of was, what the WW is for.  Either white wall tires or windscreen washers as my car came with both.
                            Crash

 Bugeye #2 project, I found a tag screwed to the chassis rail just