[Spridgets] Team Death Trap Lost

Bill Gilroy wmgilroy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 12:40:41 MDT 2007

This message is overdue.  Several people have asked if we made it into the
Red Bull soapbox derby.  The answer is no.  People are asking why we lost.
They want to know how, after we massed an army of people who voted each day
why did Team Death Trap still lose?  There was a fundamental flaw in our
plan, so basic, that we were doomed from the start.  The "Death Trap Army"
was made up of people like you and I.  We go to work, we drink, we work on
cars, have families, and most important we can have sex.  It turns out that
the winning team, "The Rust Rockets" voters were made up of a bunch of
nerds, who play the online game, "World of Warcraft".    Think pasty nerds
who never leave the computer, never see the daylight, have no personal
friends, never talked to a girl and most important, never have sex.  You
can't compete against an army of gaming nerds.   So the reason we lost is
the "Death Trap Army" was much to normal.  Thanks for voting, the first beer
is on me, now go have sex.

Bill "the loser" Gilroy