[Spridgets] San Francisco Bay Area theft

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 13:11:57 MST 2007

Bummer.  I leave my Miata unlocked under the carport at night.  A
couple of weeks ago some Bozo broke open the console and popped the
trunk, but didn't take anything.  The trunk was full of hand tools and
my $400 Fluke multimeter was right on top, the first thing you saw
when you look in the trunk.  A .357 was stashed in the bottom.  When
my wife said "Your trunk is open." that morning I ran out in my
underwear (boxer brief for those of you visualizing) and was thankful
the gun hadn't been taken.  I don't mind losing tools and junk so much
but I was very relieved that some punk kid criminal wannabe didn't get
the gun.  Now I usually carry it inside with me at night.
I left the faceplate on the Sony radio, too, "Take it if you want,
just don't cut the convertible top."
Those guys knew what they were after and probably followed you home
one night and returned with a stolen truck to take the tops.  When
something like that happens to me I feel violated.
I am mild mannered and not generally violent.  But, if and when I
catch someone stealing outside my house, it will be very hard not to
unleash a large amount of anger and violence on them.  God help them
if I find someone in my house.  Louisiana and Texas have some pretty
lenient laws when it comes to shooting intruders.  The old joke is you
can shoot them outside but it is easier to get away with if you drag
them inside afterward.  A guy here executed a man in the airport some
years ago with TV cameras and police officers escorting the man.  He
had good reason, IMHO, because of what the man did, but he surely got
away with murder.