[Spridgets] San Francisco Bay Area theft

David Ramsey dwramsey at att.net
Sun Dec 2 16:19:21 MST 2007

Two weeks ago my boat was broken into by the local kids, they stole around
$2k in gear. I arrived just as they were leaving over the fence and called
911.  I was told to come in a fill out a report, when I mentioned I could
still see them running away I was told "how could I be sure they were the
ones that broke into the boat".  Other than the fact they were carrying the
stuff that was stolen one of them was blowing my air horn out of my boat. I
guess that did it as they sent an officer to investigate, he arrived 1 1/2
hr later.  The first half hour he was there was spent reminding me that had
we voted for the increase the police wanted last election maybe they could
have caught them. The rest of the time was spent telling how I would have to
come down to the station to fill out a report because they don't do that in
the field anymore.  Now in the last couple of weeks this very same RV lot
has been broken into with thefts of property usually less than the damage
done to get in, almost everyday. The police have more important things to
do, like looking for the stalker that is scaring kids in the area. Well not
really because when the parents complained they were told if they had voted
for the increases maybe they could have caught "him".
		Crash

Gerard Chateauvieux wrote:  "Sometime after midnight last night, both my
Miatas had their side windows broken and the hardtops were stolen...The
value of the two tops alone makes this grand theft.

Gerard, first I assume you filed a police report.  Were the cars in a
garage or carport?  If so, the bigger charge is burglary (in California,
burglary is defined as entering a house, room, apartment, tenement, shop,
warehouse, store, mill, barn, stable, outhouse or other building, tent,
vessel, railroad car, cargo container, [mounted on a vehicle] ...or
mine...or aircraft....*or vehicle*...with intent to commit grand or *petit
larceny* or any felony is guilty of burglary."*

And if anyone catches the sonuvabeech, a little non-judicial punishment
would be in order before turning him over to the cops!!!

Buster Evans

  *Yep, in the academy, one of the test questions was what was the most
serious crime a married man could commit if he entered a church with the
*intent* to commit bigamy?  The most serious crime was burglary which has a
greater punishment than bigamy alone.  And that is why if someone breaks
into your car and just steals a CD, it is actually burglary!