[Spridgets] Anger as fines from speed cameras soar (David Lieb)

Larry Macy lmacy at phillymgclub.com
Tue Dec 4 19:53:36 MST 2007

limit to the size of the digest email. If enough BS gets posted (as it
has lately, and every winter) then there are more digests. Lets say
the digest has to go out if the amount of emails adds up to 100KB (I
know no one remembers a KB). Then the list server sends a digest out.
If that happens  at 9AM PST, and the folks on the west coast still
have not gone to work, then thy post another 100KB of emails and
another digest goes out. Then the Aussie's get added to the mix and
another 1KB of interesting stuff and 99KB of BS gets to the list and
another digest goes out. Soon it is 4 AM in England and only just
midnight in the EST zone, where not a single sole would purport to
post an off topic, band wasting email and you have at the minimum 3
DIgests, if not more.

Now in the summer all us Right Coasters are driving or helping Frank
(Well watching, anyway) and we're too damn busy driving to post a lot
of KB, so the number of Digests decrease.

Got it??

Larry

--

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Declare your Independence, Bring your MG to MG 2008
Valley Forge, PA June 26-29, 2008
http://mg2008.com

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
lmacy at phillymgclub.com
Board Member at Large
Philadelphia MG Club

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've
never actually known what the question is." - Douglas Adams