[Spridgets] [criminals, perps, etc]

Robert Weeks lists at woozy.com
Wed Dec 5 13:38:52 MST 2007

David Riker wrote:
> Political rant at risk of starting a thread:
>
> The reason there aren't enough resources to pursue crime investigation is
> the practice of warehousing serious criminals.  All of our law inforcement
> money is consumed housing and feeding the repeat and violent criminals in a
> failed prison system.  If after two strikes you got an automatic death
> penalty carried out within 24 hours of your second appeal, and we could take
> all those prison guards and put them out enforcing laws.  With no more than
> two chances at rehabilitation, the odds of repeat offenders would be very
> small.  Intentional crimes large or small are usually committed because
> either a:  the reward outweighs the risk of being caught, or b:  the reward
> outweighs the cost of the penalty, or both.
> David Riker
> 74 Midget.
Oh hell, let's just kill them after the first strike, then we'd have a
utopia. The sun would shine everyday in WalMart land.

The prison system doesn't consider itself failed, they are making money
hand over fist. Building new prisons every day and employing more and
more guards.

Fact is that the system is clogged up because of the so called "War on
Drugs". Want to change the system? Stop locking up people for smoking &
selling pot.

Wait, what am I thinking? It'd be much more fun just to kill 'em.

http://www.motherjones.com/news/special_reports/prisons/

Robert