[Spridgets] speeding ticket ... not

Paul Herder p.herder at cox.net
Sat Dec 29 15:25:19 MST 2007

This has been around for a while ...

Good story but untrue.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/techno/radar.asp

-----Original Message-----

Sure would be cool to have that happen to some of the speed traps around
here.  If I were the officer involved, I think I might have a mild coronary

after receiving that letter.
Leigh
59 Sprite

Back came the reply in true laconic RAF style:

"Thank you for your  message, which allows us to complete the file on this
incident. You may be  interested to know that the tactical computer in the
Tornado had detected the  presence of, and subsequently locked onto, your
hostile radar equipment and  automatically sent a jamming signal back to it.
Furthermore, an air-to-ground  missile aboard the fully-armed aircraft had
also automatically locked onto  your equipment.

Fortunately the pilot flying the Tornado recognized the  situation for what
it was, quickly responded to the missile systems alert  status, and was able
to override the automated defense system before the  missile was launched
and
your hostile radar installation was  destroyed.