[Spridgets] LBC Dizzy question...

dmg at bossig.com dmg at bossig.com
Sun Jul 1 21:28:39 MDT 2007

Derf,

Thank you very much.. I'll be in their shop tomorrow afternoon..

Here's what got me onto this... I wanted to replace the dizzy clamping bolt. The DPO has
used a coach bolt and washers and I had jut recieved the right bolt/nut combo from Peter at
nosimports.
Removing the old bolt was a sod.... the round head kept turning...  So I had to remove the air
ducting hose and the dizzy cap and leads to make more room to get in there
.
I go to fit the good square head nut and bolt and .... whang!... the bolt slips out of my
greasyfingers and dissappears somewhere in the engine compartment...!!

OK..I think "don't panic - no problem" .. it dropped down somewhere, I just have to find it...

It's not on the ground, and it's not on the cross member or the sub-chassis frame, not in the
A-frame, it's not jammed between the starter and the block... where the heck can it be... Now
I can start panicking!

I'm just about to pull the starter when the flashlight glints off of something... it's the bolt!! And
where was it?? It bounced UP not down!! It was jammed between the ignition coil and the
splash guard..

After finally getting it in place, I was re-connecting the leads from the dizzy when I noticed the
HT lead had been rubbed almost through to the wire core by the body seam...

That's when I washed my hands and sent the email... So, dropping the bolt was a good thing,
because when, at some time in the future, the Sprite suddenly quit on me, that's a problem I
may not have found, in the dark, on a rainy night!! (Isn't that when all Lucas faults occur??)

Dave G