[Spridgets] Audiovox CCS-100 Cruise Control Info

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Mon Jul 2 05:53:43 MDT 2007

For those of you who asked about using the CCS-100
cruise control, I have now done a longer and faster test
and found that the vacuum cannister is a necessity for
my 1275 with Kent 266 cam at higher speeds. It works
fine without it up to 65 or so (with 5-speed, so about
3200rpm), but in the 70s (3500rpm and up) it lacks the
motive power to accelerate. It successfully holds the
accelerator where it is, but the speed drops as you go
up "hills" (any kind of a rise). Technically speaking, this
will give you better gas mileage on those trips, but it
can be irritating while trying to flow with light traffic.
Re-connecting the cannister resulted in expected functionality
at least up to 82mph (4100rpm). I didn't figure the cops
would consider my scientific research to be an adequate
excuse for higher speeds...
David Lieb