[Spridgets] Grease in Steering rack...

Marc smarc at smarc.net
Mon Jul 2 10:34:31 MDT 2007

So, should I screw in a grease fitting and crank it full of grease?  Is
there some way to verify what type of rack I have on my 73 midge?
Another thought occurs - does the steering column need lubrication?
Maybe thats whats tight?

I have the car up on stands, the tie rod ends are disconnected. Turning
the steering wheel requires more force than I think it should. My frame
of reference is my MGB LE. On the MGB, same situation, I could push or
pull on the tie rod end and the wheel would spin from lock to lock. On
the midget, I can't budge the rack in that manner...

Marc