[Spridgets] Rib Case Gear box question AGAIN

Chris Manuel cmanuel at wi.rr.com
Tue Jul 3 11:01:32 MDT 2007

Hi all-

So I finally got things to line up well.  I think I uncovered another
problem though...what are the chances of the clutch plates stuck together?

If I spin the engine and move the clutch lever the tail shaft still moves.

Not really a good sign, right?

Chris
66 MKIII
Brookfield, WI

> Hi-
>
> I'm attempting to reassemble the remote control assembly back to the
> gearbox, and I just can't seem to get the shaft to mesh up with the forks
> properly.

This is a twist and hope type of assembly.
If you step away for a bit and come back to it, it just drops in like
the book says. I have done it several times, and it always makes me
wonder. It just does not go no matter what, then after a break, it falls
into place.
But you do have to have all the forks in the neutral (lined up) position
and just twist and wiggle.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ