[Spridgets] List's quiet - TR6 opinions

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 19:50:16 MDT 2007

Lads and lasses,
A friend of mine has been bitten by the racing bug and
is looking to thin the herd. He has a TR6 that was a
frame off, nut and bolt restoration. No expense was
spared, it was his heart and soul for the better part
of 2 years. Very little is rebuilt, almost all of it
is new from the 80s and early 1990s when you could get
stuff that wasn't necessarily Asian. He stopped the
restoration in 1993 about a week's worth of work shy
and without final paint. He has offered it to me for a
little more than the cost of the triple Weber set up.
It will have to be gone through (seals, hoses, etc.),
but it's still very nice. He has offered it only to
me. So....I am NOT the type to take a bargain and flip
it when it's from a friend, and i am very intrigued.
Does anyone out there have any serious seat time in a
TR6? I know a few TR6 guys, but I want a Spridget
driver's perspective on driving what I would think is
quite the truck-ish LBC, but one that has always
appealed to me (especially this particular car). I
have no time and space to restore it right now, but it
is cheap enough that I do actually have the money in a
middle class poverty kind of way.

Thanks,

Ron Soave

"Life is just one damn thing after another" - Mark Twain