[Spridgets] Clunk in rear

type79 at ix.netcom.com type79 at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jul 4 15:44:17 MDT 2007

I had a similar problem several years ago. I have a 61 Mk II with a 1275, cam, balanced, lightened flywheel ported and polished head (I'm including this detail to entertain Captain Bob or as freD would spell it "Bob"), ribcase,3.9 rear, wire wheels,(with new splined hubs).

Each time I put it in reverse and backed-out of the garage (I guess that's the only way you can back a car out the garage.) I would hear a clunk, clunk. I couldn't figure it out. This went on for weeks.

Finally, Celeste said something to me one day that solved not one but two problems. She asked: "Have you seen the cat?" :-/ I looked out in the driveway and responded to her "Yes I have."

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct
http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/
"I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes." Hunter S. Thompson