[Spridgets] HIF-44 leaking fuel

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Thu Jul 5 20:30:02 MDT 2007

Jim Johnson wrote:
> 68 Midget with 1275 and HIF44 carb.....

Jim
The float is stuck, sort of like HS carbs but you have to take it off,
turn it over, remove 4 screws and probably just wiggle it a bit.
If it has sat a while, the needle is just gummed up.
Jrs Mini did the same thing a while back after sitting most of the
winter. Gas dried up in the bowl and left the needle stuck.
Do be careful with the float screw, it screws in from the side and can
be bent real easy if you don't have it lined up right. Ask me how I know? ;)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ