[Spridgets] Musician's Spridget - only the lonely?

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 6 19:52:28 MDT 2007

1st day of vacation, raining, went to the local
bookstore. There's a book on "Rockabilly Legends"
(nice section on Gene Vincent; unfortunately all pics
were before Zoom played with him. In fact, I think all
were pre-Triumph accident, 1957 or so?). Anyway,
there's a picture of Roy Orbison working on what looks
to be a Mk1 or Mk2 Midget. For some reason, I
struggled to identify it as either a Midget or an
early MGB, but I'm pretty sure it was a Midget. Anyone
know about this and know whether it was a B or a
Midget? I always pictured Roy in a Cadillac with huge
fins. Glad I was wrong.

My 1970 Midget started right up after 361 days of
sitting today. Clutch was frozen and needed a little
nudging, brakes too, but it seems ok now. Soon as the
rain stops it'll get some miles racked up.

Ron