[Spridgets] Laws for British Sports Cars

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 09:52:19 MDT 2007

'Tis easier to poke fun at something than to appreciate the good.
The jokes are what keep us going when the axle snaps, when the cop
pulls you over because your tail light isn't working, when the tranny
starts popping out of gear, when "installation is reverse of
disassembly", when two different sources both show incorrect wiring
diagrams.
The fact that all these worn out cliche'd problems are worth
overcoming and the Everest of Lucas electrical problems is worth
surmounting is a tribute to the worth of the order of British sports
cars.
If you have a British car you have to keep the British stiff upper lip
and weather a little abuse.  But, you can smile to yourself and think
what troubles you would have if you had say, an Italian sports car, or
a French sports car.
This list represents a good cross section of racers, rust buckets,
clunkers, daily drivers, and trailer queens.  The little quirks of
LBCs make up a good portion of the character of the cars.  If the POS
and PITA factors aren't outweighed by the good of the car, then the
owner would sell the car.
As for me, I'll take the LBC jokes, especially from other LBC owners
(even TR people, I guess).  But, let some Fiat or Alfalfa owner start
hurling insults, and we'll let Frank make him an offer he can't
refuse.
Cheers,
Derf