[Spridgets] A MODERN PARABLE -- No LBC

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 19:40:34 MDT 2007

My 2000 Ford F-150 just died, again.  Kid hotdogging it blew the head gasket.
Try finding a used Toyota truck.  There aren't any.  If you do find
one, it is expensive.  Is it a better truck?  I dunno.  But, the
resale market is sure high for them.  That says something.

People remember when Detroit made cars that went 100,000 miles if you
were lucky and took care of them.  Then, Honda and Toyota started
making cars that would go 200,000 if you took care of them.

Now, riding that reputation and having luxury lines based on it, the
Japanese cars are reaping the benefits.
I've worked on a $60,000 Corvette, 2007 I think.  I wouldn't call it
ugly but it is more plastic and glue than steel and welds.  If you
pick up the fender in the middle(not mounted on the car) it will
collapse like a rag doll.
A friend has a Hummer H2.  It says Hummer and is boxy but it rides on
a 3/4 GMC truck chassis.  They cost around $60,000, too for a 3/4 ton
truck SUV with boxy styling.
People are sheep.
Good new cars are hard to find.
Cheers,