[Spridgets] A MODERN PARABLE -- No LBC

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Wed Jul 11 19:52:49 MDT 2007

derf wrote:
> My 2000 Ford F-150 just died, again.  Kid hotdogging it blew the head gasket.
> Try finding a used Toyota truck.  There aren't any.  If you do find
> one, it is expensive.  Is it a better truck?  I dunno.

In the trades, guys started buying the jap trucks, not the ridgeline
which is, I don't know what it is, but toyotas and those nissans with
the bolt on plastic flares that shout "I really look cheesy" But on the
job they just do not hold up. My buddy has a toyota taco, it's a couple
years old and has more dents from leaning over the sides. It runs fine
but it looks like a POS and appearance on an estimate does matter.
They are trucks that are for people who don't need a truck.
If you use it as a truck, it's not gonig to hold up.
The older jap trucks had single wall beds, how many of them had outward
dents from cargo?

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ