[Spridgets] Bugeye Group..... This computer is driving me crazy!

pixelsmith at gerardsgarage.com pixelsmith at gerardsgarage.com
Thu Jul 12 19:14:34 MDT 2007

   Buster,

   I  recently  switched  over to ATT DSL (what a nightmare, even for me)
   Personally,  I  would  suggest  you  get off the PC and get a MAC, but
   that's another rant for me... anyway

   One  thing  I  learned from the supervisor that finally called me back
   from  ATT  is that you you can request "stateside assistance" This was
   after I  complained  bitterly  about the frustration of trying to deal
   with  someone  who had a poor grasp of the English language as well as
   the  the  audio  delay. That is when he revealed THAT little nugget to
   me.  I don't know if it will work with your provider, but it's worth a
   try.
   Gerard
   On Thu Jul 12 14:21 , "Robert Bruce Evans" sent:

   Sorry,  folks, but I am STILL having massive problems with my Netscape
   browser, Earthlink e-mail, computer, and DSL modem. And I am trying to
   get  both  Thunderbird  and Firefox onto my computer while at the same
   time  keeping  my  Address  Book  and  Bookmarks from the old systems.
   Complicating  everything  was trying to switch from DSL to Earthlink's
   WiFi  that  they  have  made available through a deal with the City of
   Anaheim! The problem with that are the boneheads working for Earthlink
   somewhere  on  the Indian Sub-Continent who can't deal with issues and
   refuse  to  let me speak with a supervisor because they are an "senior
   account executive".
   The  bottom line right now is that it would seem I have never received
   e-mail  that  has  been  sent.  Or,  it  has somehow been mysteriously
   "delayed". One e-mail from a friend in England was dated "received" by
   my  computer on July 4, but was never visible on the screen until this
   morning, and another from Ron Soave dated July 10 just appeared!!!! It
   also  seems  that a lot of e-mail I have sent has never been received.
   And  some that was received has not had any attachments. Of the two, I
   don't know which is worse!
   Further  complicating things have been a number of computer crashes. I
   am  quite  sure  that my Dad up in heaven is getting his laughs out of
   all my trouble. He hated computers and refused to get one!!!
   Those  who  have  sent  e-mail and have not heard from me, please bear
   with me while I try to straighten out this mess.
   Buster Evans
   __._,_.___
   Messages  |  Files  |  Photos  |  Links | Database | Polls | Members |
   Calendar
   If you must unsubscribe from the Bugeye Interest Group, please send an
   email to:  bugeye-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com
   If  you  no longer want to receive emails, but wish to remain a member
   of  the  group, you may go to the website and change your subscription
   to "Web Only" and you will not receive any emails.
   Blocked image
   Change  settings  via  email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch
   format to Traditional
   Recent Activity
     *  11
       New Members