[Spridgets] Installing fuel pump

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Mon Jul 16 18:45:58 MDT 2007

Linda Grunthaner wrote:
> Frank & List,
> I installed that electric fuel pump you recommended (I know I should not
> run the pump while dry) I turned on the ignition key and you can
> hear the pump pumping but after less than a minuet I don't see fuel in
> the see through filter.

Linda, are you sure it is hooked up correct?
Inlet/outlet or "Flow" arrow and not hooked up backwards?
Pull the line off the carb and switch it on, put the hose close to your
cheek or inside your arm and see if you can feel air coming out of the
pipe. The tank or pipe to the carbs might have a clog.
At the fuel pump, pull off each hose, remove the gas cap and disconnect
the hose at the carbs, blow thru each hose. You should hear the gas in
the tank bubble, and just air should come out of the carb to pump hose.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ