[Spridgets] Clanging, banging, rattling in the transmission tunnel

Robert Weeks lists at woozy.com
Tue Jul 17 10:00:46 MDT 2007

Hi,

Got into the Midget this morning and before I got to the end of the
driveway I heard a clanging / rattling sound coming from the
transmission tunnel. I got out of the car a popped the hood and couldn't
hear the noise over the sound of the engine but back in the driver's
seat I could hear it.

I just got out of the hospital for kidney stones so I didn't really feel
up to crawling under the car. So I parked it and drove the truck to
work. The car was running like a top on Friday when I last had it out.
On Saturday I put the new radiator in and ran it in the driveway but
didn't get a chance to drive it.

Any idea what might be causing the noise? It increases with the engine
RPMs and occurs when the car is in gear or out of gear. It started about
half way down the driveway which is a long gravel driveway. I'm tempted
to think that I left a wrench of something in the engine compartment and
that somehow it got down into the tunnel but that's probably wishful
thinking.

Thanks,

Robert