[Spridgets] I love this list...

Billy Zoom billyzoom at billyzoom.com
Wed Jul 18 12:42:04 MDT 2007

> 5.7 something, in the 1/8th mile, at around 117.
He actually got the rear end to hook up? That's sort of impressive.
Ernie's Mustang six had a Ford 3-speed. He only used 2nd and 3rd, and the
tires never really did much except smoke for the entire 1/4 mile.
It was more fun cruising around town in the slightly thrashed, stock looking
'64 Midget. We'd look for a TR4 and get next to him at a light and then just
stay with him until the next light. At the next light, he'd try a little
harder, and we'd just stay with him to the next light. Then the guy would
get upset and really go for it...and we'd just stay with him until bearing
bits started popping out of his tailpipe. Then Ernie would floor it and burn
rubber for a block or more.  It was great fun.
BZ