[Spridgets] got a bleeder...

Marc smarc at smarc.net
Fri Jul 20 20:01:32 MDT 2007

Well, after working on it more today, I've ordered a new MC. A couple
rapid pumps will develop a little pressure. Once some pressure is
obtained, it is quickly lost. Puzzling over it, I realized that even the
rubber seal in the reservoir cap had deteriorated and fallen apart. IMO
there's no way the pump could be any good... I had to replace all the
hoses, wheel cylinders and rebuild the calipers...

I guess that was just wishful (read:stoopid) thinking on my part that
the MC could still be good... This car sat over 5 years in some womans
garage after she inherited it upon her fathers passing... Who knows how
long it sat before that? The tire's date code shows them to be at least
14 years old, so who knows? (And, yes, they will be replaced when the
car is actually ready to drive!).

Marc