[Spridgets] New engine startup

Joe Lansing kidjoevid at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 21 11:35:33 MDT 2007

I just started up my new 1275 after getting timing
right. I fired immediately, and purred along for 60
seconds. No clangs or clanks. I let off the gas pedal
to jump out and manually run the throttle and it died.
Now it won't turn over. The gear reduction starter
won't even budge it. Please, oh please don't tell me
it's seized. This has been a one year+ build.

I can't figure out a good way to turn it over by hand.
(I was bumping the starter to get TDC.) Can I pull the
starter and wedge a big screwdriver in there to turn
the flywheel?

Any other advice?

Joe Lansing
1962 Sprite