[Spridgets] Brakes (was Re: Hi ya)

Marc smarc at smarc.net
Sun Jun 10 23:22:48 MDT 2007

Pulled the calipers, and after alternating between carefully persuading
the pistons back in with a C clamp, and applying compressed air to the
inlet, I got them freed up enough to pop the pistons out. Didn't find
any rust, but an awful lot of 'spooge' in there. Pistons cleaned up
nicely with a short dip in parts cleaner and a rag. No scarring or
pitting. So I think the calipers are salvageable, which will save a few
$$$. Seated the pistons fully, plugged the hose connection, and glass
beaded them. Look great, will give 'em a shot of hi temp paint (probably
silver - what color was OEM?) and new piston seals and call it good!

Anyone have any recommendations on replacement rotors? Moss sells two,
one is Brembo brand, the other an unnamed after market item. Brakes are
an area I don't like to cheap out on, but if there is no discernible
difference, I wouldn't mind a little economy...

Marc