[Spridgets] Hi Intensity Bulbs for Gauges

James Gruber thistle_3619 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 11:25:02 MDT 2007

Anyone got a source for brighter bulbs for the instruments/gauges on a Spridget. It's either my eyes or it's just plain dim at night. I am pulling the cans and painting gloss white inside to help but instruments are almost unreadable at night. I tried Radio Shack but they don't sell a hi Intensity Screw Base Lamp that I can see. If they do it was the one they were out of. Anyone got a lead on bulbs? I recall seeing a listing for a halogen screw base type. Anyone tried these.

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Cincinnati, OH