[Spridgets] Hi Intensity Bulbs for Gauges

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:06:56 MDT 2007

Has anyone looked into LED applications for Spridgets?  They take much
less power and are several orders of magnitude brighter than
incandescent bulbs. They also last for a long time.  See....

http://www.ledtronics.com/markets/auto_index.htm#Auto_Section_3

Cheers!!
Jim

On 6/18/07, James Gruber <thistle_3619 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Billy,
>
>   Good thought, since they all are equally dim, anyone ever had trouble with that little switch that turns panel lamps on/off. That could be where my issue is as I've never taken apart / cleaned
>
> Billy Zoom <billyzoom at billyzoom.com> wrote:
>   > 've gone toB 3 or 5 watt ( can't recall which ) screw-in halogen bulbs
> Check your connections first. Make sure you have a good ground and hit the
> switch with some WD-40. If you install higher wattage bulbs and the
> connections aren't good, the increased current flow will just give you a
> bigger voltage drop.
> BZ

> Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware protection.

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools.
-Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)