[Spridgets] Miata owners mecca

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 10:20:19 MDT 2007

Hi,
Nope, not NA but I think there is a guy getting something like 600 HP from a
turbo setup.  Miata motors come from the factory in a form that lends itself
easily to forced inductions.  In other words you can take a stock Miata and
bolt on a turbo kit and get gobs of HP without having to buy all sorts of
engine upgrades.  The clutch is usually the first weak link when you start
boosting.   I'm not sure about the newer Miatas, but the original 1.6s and
1.8s up to 2000 or so are just begging for boost.  Not too many people build
fast naturally aspirated Miatas because the most economical path to big HP
is forced induction.
Cheers,
Derf