[Spridgets] Who makes what... a bit O.T.

Dave G. dmg at bossig.com
Mon Nov 5 09:17:50 MST 2007

Several years ago there was a series about the Japanese motor industry.
One of the series dealt with Toyota and their parts out-sourcing.
They showed this Japanese family where everybody from the Grandparents
down was working on one small item -- the little tag that stops the ashtray
from coming completely out.
The whole family worked 24x7 to hand stamp, file and polish this little part.
The Dad then cycled with them to the Toyota factory where they were
inspected. IF ok he would be payed at the end of the month. If not ok he
got to go back home with them...

My daily workhorse Honda does not have a cigarette lighter or an ash-tray.
I wonder what that family makes now.....
-
Dave G, KK7SS
'65 MKIII Sprite, Richland, WA