[Spridgets] Odd Vin on a midget

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 17:02:18 MST 2007

Spridgeteers,

I found a 66 midget here in Dodge City that hasn't been run in
probably 10 or more years. The guy who has it may want to sell it so I
said I'd go over it for him. I got a bunch of pics today which I will
put online somewhere in the next day or two.

I am unable to verify its lineage though it clearly is a GAN3 after
checking it out in Horler's book.  Problem is, there is no VIN plate
by the left front shock and there is no number plate on the engine.
The odometer shows 91,000 miles on it. Realistic??  Looks like a 1275
and ribcase...

The title is an 08/02/2000 Arizona title and it has Arizona plates on
it. One of the stickers on the windscreen shows that it was still
being driven at least up through 1990 and probably later. The strange
thing (at least to me) is the title shows a VIN of  "GBE046412".
Could this be a "GAN3-46412"??  Why the GBE0??

When I get the pics up along with a description of what I found on the
car, I'd be glad to have some thoughts on how much to offer the guy
for it. I really don't have a place to put it at the moment as we try
to get things lined up to sell the house and move. If someone is
interested in the car, I'll provide contact for the owner. NFI...yada
yada yada...
--
Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City