[Spridgets] Odd Vin on a midget

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 12:00:07 MST 2007

Have just come back from going over the car with a fine tooth comb.
VIN mystery is solved. On the shock mounting plate it is GAN3L45511
which, according to Horler, makes it a December 1965 build with a
1098cc and a ribcase. The ribcase is there, okay, but who knows on the
engine?  The odometer reads 91,000. If it's correct I'd say the engine
has been gone through at a minimum and replaced entirely is not out of
the question. According to Horler it should be a 10CC-DA-H (or L)
series engine but there is no tag on it.

The VIN on the Arizona title (GBE046412) turns out to be the body
number on the drivers side A post!!  Arizona DMV clearly knew nothing
about Midgets in 2000!  Fortunately, you guys are educating me!  ;-)
--
Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City