[Spridgets] Rusty RIP

Wm. Severin Thompson wsthompson at thicko.com
Fri Nov 9 05:32:24 MST 2007

In preparation for SOS, I got some new workbenches, installed electric
outlets on the far side wall. I got 2  fluorescent light fixtures to hang
under the new shelves over the new benches. Installed them by drilling
though the fixture and bolting them to the shelf. One works perfectly... the
other lit for half second, then nada, zip, zilch, squat, bupkis.

The  fixtures were supposedly made in the good ol' USA, and bulbs were new,
but since I drilled though the metal fixture, I expect trouble when I return
it, plus having to go through the hassle of uninstalling it, and the 20 mile
drive round trip in to town to get another one. "Made in the USA" is often
misleading, as the law allows that phrase to be used when a US company adds
a percentage to the value.

I got "Frank'd".