[Spridgets] Light Bulbs

Robert Weeks lists at woozy.com
Fri Nov 9 08:42:38 MST 2007

We bought a bunch of those to convert all our lights over to compact
fluorescent. They were all dead within one month. Turns out compact
fluorescent bulbs don't do well in fixtures where the base is on top
with bulb pointing down. Almost every fixture we have is of that type.

As far as "Severe Duty" bulbs go, it seems to me that they are the old
regular bulbs but now they figured out a way to charge more for them.
Along the same lines are warranties that you need to pay extra for at
the register. Used to be that every small appliance and consumer
electronics item came with a 1 - 2 year warranty standard as part of the
purchase price. Now you get a 90 day one if you're lucky. If you want a
warranty beyond that you'd better pony up the extra cash.

There's a guy who has a radio show on personal finance, I can't remember
what his name is right now, but I heard him once say that these people
must wake up and go to sleep thinking up ways to screw their fellow man
out of a few more dollars. I've got to say I think he's on the right track.

When I was younger I had a table fan that had belonged to my
grandmother. That fan must have lasted at least 40 years. I've bought
fans from the big box stores that haven't made it through one summer.
Something is seriously wrong with the way things are going.

Robert