[Spridgets] What is still there?

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Thu Nov 15 05:57:01 MST 2007

> All seriousness aside, roundabouts are truly a great way to manage traffic
> if used properly.  American traffic engineers, unfortunately, have never
> learned this lesson!  But a stop sign at the entrance?  Gotta be one of
> the
> stoopidest things imaginable, although some roundabouts in England are
> appearing with stoplights!

Without the stop signs, this one would have an accident on site 24/7!
Nonetheless, I completely agree with you. I grew up in northeast Brazil and
we had lots of roundabouts there, some of the larger and busier ones had
stoplights. None of them were anything like the work of art near Swindon
(IIRC). Roundabouts are wonderful when the driving populace has a clue. Nuff
sed.
David Lieb