[Spridgets] What is still there?

Robert Bruce Evans b-evans at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 15 10:15:21 MST 2007

Bill L wrote:  "there is a new movement in traffic control coming from one
of the northerneuropean countries (Switzerland, sweden, norway?).  they
have found (they tested!, they've DONE this) that traffic flows faster and
smoother when. there are NO [nuthin']...

Shhhhh.  Pretty soon you will have laws like this being lobbied all over by
the American Association of Body and Fender Shops, the Federation of
American Wrecking Yards, and the Brotherhood of Tow Truck Drivers!

All seriousness aside, this might very well work in *some* Northern
European countries where common sense, courtesy, and respect for other
drivers prevail.  I daresay you would never see it happen in Paris, Rome,
their associated countries, or the Eastern Bloc!  Neither do I believe it
would be possible in the United States where there are already too many
scofflaws and folks that think the automobile is their personal roadway
equivalent of a 9mm, Sturmgewehr, or Gatling Gun.  Neither would it work in
California where, thanks in large part to the invasion by a certain foreign
country,  already 40% of the drivers on the highway today do not have
either a driver's license OR insurance.  And where, if you are a legal
driver involved in an accident, the other driver has vamoosed before you
can open your door!

Buster Evans
Twice Victim of Undocumented "Drivers"