[Spridgets] What is still there?

guy.weller at tiscali.co.uk guy.weller at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Nov 15 10:31:23 MST 2007

Minor bumps on roundabouts in the UK are very, very common. The typical
scenario is a queue of traffic entering a roundabout. The rule is that
you give way to traffic already on the roundabout. In the UK this means
traffic coming from your right as the traffic circulates clockwise, but
in the USA this would be from your left. The first car stops and waits
for a gap in the traffic. Driver #2 waits behind, also watching for a
gap. A gap appears and first car moves forward and second driver
follows, still looking to his right at the traffic on the roundabout so
he can filter in.  BANG! The first car driver has had second thoughts,
dithered and stopped again.  It is just so common!

Even so, I think they are great, and a huge help with traffic flows.
Oh, and when the road is wet, in a Spridget they are just such fun,
steering "on the throttle"!!