[Spridgets] Congratulations to you in Wisconsin

Robert Bruce Evans b-evans at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 17 20:26:08 MST 2007

 I think we probably have more Spridget driver per capita from Wisconsin than from any other state.  So you can congratulate yourselves on the results of the 2007 GMAC Insurance National Drivers Test ( http://tinyurl.com/23a7sj ).  It found that only Idaho, Alaska, and Minnesota  had more knowledgeable drivers than you!   At the bottom of the list?   (Drumroll please...)  New York!  It makes New Jersey look good. (Is Frank the only one that has his head screwed on straight in Joisey?)  (Entire list below.)   Other interesting findings:
With Age Comes Wisdom: The older the driver, the higher the test score. Drivers 35+ years old were most likely to pass.
More than half of respondents (55 percent) don't know how many feet to signal before making right or left turns.
More than 2 in 5 drivers (46 percent) are unaware of the meaning of a diamond-shaped sign (warning sign).
Fortunately, nearly all respondents (98 percent) know what to do when an emergency vehicle with flashing lights approaches, what to do when hydroplaning and the meaning of a solid yellow line.
Buster Evans

1 Idaho
2 Alaska
3 Minnesota