[Spridgets] Door Hinge question, please advise...

Monty Love cmlove at knology.net
Sat Nov 24 14:23:59 MST 2007

Hello All;

I don't join in to discussion very much, but I listen all the time.

I have a shell in the garage that I am about to weld in new door hinges in
the bottom of the door pillar.

My question is the replacement part comes with an "extra" piece of sheet
metal attached at the top of the hinge and is at a 90 degree angle to the
pillar.

It doesn't look like it belongs.  What do you do with it?  Do you straighten
it out and weld into the pillar or take it off?  I took out the door light
box and I am not replacing that.

Anyone know the answer to this one?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Charles M. "Monty" Love
Dynetics, Inc.
256-461-2780
256-337-5581 (Cell)
256-882-1543 (Home)
ET Test

The greatest revolutions come not by the discovery of something new. They
happen when someone radically changes or challenges what was always there.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of TechTool.gif]