[Spridgets] Front Suspension Re-assembly

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Sat Nov 24 19:45:01 MST 2007

Timothy H. Collins wrote:
> Ages ago, I purchased a King Pin Kit for my '66 Sprite. Today I am
> finally unpacking things and getting ready to reassemble parts. I
> noticed that the Kit contains two O-rings,

Tim

The corks are for the fulcrum pin, yes they are the same size, they are
intended to keep the grease in and the dirt out.
I bet you rip them installing them.
So if you do, get a couple of garden hose washers, not the plastic kind,
good ole rubber hose washers, you can find them on a small stem of about
6 or 8 for a buck or 2 where ever garden hoses are sold.
Depending on the brand, they might be a bit tight, I have sanded them
down to get them in and they work great in replacing the corks.
As for the rubber O rings in the kit, they go under the dust tubes.
That 2 piece thin steel thing with the spring around it.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ