[Spridgets] LBC content- oil pump

Jack Laird jlaird237 at cox.net
Tue Oct 2 17:05:51 MDT 2007

Pulled engine etc etc.

Oil pressure was 60 or so cold then down to 20 running warm and 10 idle.

Have a new pump, no prob. now that I have one that was cut down.

Question concerns old pump.

Has a lot of wear that I can see on the outside of the outer pump part where
it rubs against the housing, both sides and circumference.

For my education, what is acceptaple for tolarances?

I expect between the circular part of the pump and the case is over .010 can
get that one in but would need a wire guage to really tell.

Yep going with the new one of course but refuse to take it apart therefor the
question.

Thanks all