[Spridgets] wheel bearings

Deikis, John G John.Deikis at va.gov
Thu Oct 4 15:44:58 MDT 2007

Mike:
This is what I've been doing for several years, but I'm not sure it is
the best practice for a spindle designed to run ball bearings. Since
this a sort of race car, that .007 "wobble" felt pretty loose to me!
John Twist and Tom Colby (Speedwell Engineering) are both recommending
shims down to zero movement with 45# of torque on the spindle nut.
JohnD