[Spridgets] Unique Car Lift

Larry Daniels ladaniels at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 4 16:26:23 MDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad at gmail.com>
To: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels at sbcglobal.net>
Cc: "Mark" <mark at nashvilletn.org>; "spridgets list"
<spridgets at autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 1:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Unique Car Lift

FWIW, I have done that for YEARS, yet, last time I was putting an
engine in, the ramps shifted sideways, when I was raising and pushing
the tranny to get it into the tunnel area. I was in the driveway, with
the radio blaring in the garage, the car sitting just about an inch
above my chest, and no way to move. I could see the one ramp out
beside the car, and the other tire was still on the ramp, just barely,
and the ramp was tilted. Between songs, I hollered as loud as I could,
for my wife. She came out, anxious to help, and KICKS the ramp with
the tire balanced on it. This brought forth a slew of profanity, as I
just KNEW I was gonna get the full weight of the car on my chest at
any second.
I just wanna say, if you ARE going to use ramps, get the best, widest
ramps you can find.

Brad

So Martha kicked the hell out of the remaining ramp that was the only thing
between you and a crushed chest?

Sounds like a classic case of too much life insurance.  ;-))

LAD