[Spridgets] Differential bearing preload question

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Mon Oct 15 17:07:35 MDT 2007

Hal Faulkner wrote:
> While we're on the subject of bearing preload for tapered bearings...
> Has anyone ever set the preload on a spridget differential?

Hal, if you get it right, let me know and I'll send you 1/2 a dozen
diffs that all need help.
I read and re-read the book on diff repairs, I would much rather read
and comprehend the income tax laws.
So I just swap out the bad for what I have in the crate, but the crate
ran dry, it's full of noisy diffs and semi disassembled diffs and lots
of rings and pinions.
So since you are "The Man" of rears, wanna fix some?

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ