[Spridgets] this is damn funny

Wm. Severin Thompson wsthompson at thicko.com
Tue Oct 23 05:53:52 MDT 2007

A few years back, I was a driving instructor at the VSCDA's Spring Brake
race at Gingerman. Standard routine is you take your students out to the
track after the first classroom session for "station wagon runs". You pile
them into your street vehicle, and drive the track, showing them the line,
braking points, corner worker locations, entry and exit points on the track.
I had my 1 ton turbo diesel dually extended cab pick up. 3 students in the
back seat, and my wife in the front seat. The track was damp, as it was
misting, sometimes light rain. She could never look out the windshield.
Later at lunch, I took just her out on the track... raining a little harder.
I had the truck sideways out of every corner, and ran some laps that would
have placed me about mid pack in group 2. ;)