[Spridgets] Bugeye Group..... RE: [midgetsprite] The SoCal Fires

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 15:04:58 MDT 2007

It would be nice if they would come get a few hundred thousand FEMA
trailers and take them to Kali.  Then, we wouldn't have to see them
everywhere.
Kalifornia doesn't have to ask for Billions, they know that the money
is already on the way.  And, yes, if you look closely you will see how
a giant government bureaucracy wastes your tax dollars.
My rant:
I bought a generator many years ago because I know that this area is
sometimes hit by circumstances that warrant the use of a generator.  I
spent my hard earned after-tax dollars to be prepared.  Along comes a
big storm.  What does MY government decide to do with MY tax dollars
(and your's, too)?  They decide to GIVE generators to people.  I feel
like I've been punished for being a responsible citizen.  I PAY for
insurance.  Thankfully, I had no claim due to the storm.  But, many
who were irresponsible and had no insurance are just holding their
hand out to receive MY tax dollars.
The bottom line is the government is inefficient and should ONLY do
things that cannot be done by some other entity.  Hopefully FEMA has
learned a few things and will not try to solve every problem by
throwing money at it.
But, get ready, Kali's circumstances will be an excuse for the
government to waste enough money to feed a third world country for a
century.  FEMA is a joke, but the joke is on us.
Volunteers from all over flocked to the Gulf Coast after Katrina and
did more good than 100 FEMAs could have done.
My prayers go out for people who are affected by the fires.  My
prayers go out for our leaders, too.
Natural disasters bring out the worst in people and the best in people.
And by the way, the worst part of Katrina did NOT hit New Orleans
directly.  It was a near-miss.  The worst part of the storm, the
eastern quadrant, hit Mississippi.  If it had been 50 or so miles
west, or if another big storm comes along and does make a direct hit,
New Orleans will suffer a fate much worse than the flooding it
received after Katrina.
The worst thing of all is that many people really believe that the
Army Corps of Engineers planted explosives in the levees and blew them
to flood the city and drive the poor people out.