[Spridgets] Bugeye Group..... RE: [midgetsprite] The SoCal Fires

Robert Bruce Evans b-evans at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 24 09:50:47 MDT 2007

 Robert Duquette wrote:  "California will someday drop into the ocean"

Naw, a lot of people have been wishing that about New York for ages.  Never
happened.

 "it used to be that people didn't stray far from where they were born."

But that was a VERY long time ago.  The enduring thesis in understanding
the unique American character is how people kept moving on toward a new
frontier.  It began by crossing the Atlantic 400 years ago, and continues
as American reach for outer space.

"For myself, I live 65 miles from my birthplace."

But you're still gonna DIE!

" It surprizes me, at times, that people live in danger zones..."

And yet, mankind has survived!  And survived quite well.

Buste