[Spridgets] Bugeye Group..... RE: [midgetsprite] The SoCal Fires

Robert Bruce Evans b-evans at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 24 19:44:08 MDT 2007

Billy Zoom wrote:  "Cool. If Northern CA becomes an island, and we can
convince L.A. to Secede and become part of Mexico, maybe we can get this
mess sorted out."

As early at the 1850's, and as late as the 1920's, there were serious
movements to split California into two separate states, Northern and
Southern.

But with the election of Antonio Villaraigosa as mayor of Los Angeles
(referred to my many in the Hispanic community as "Alcalde de Los
Angeles"), he brings another solution.  As a student, he was a chapter
president of Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan (MEChA).  Part of the
MEChA manifesto is a demand that La Raza [literally The Race] must reclaim
the territory, *"using force if necessary..."*!  It is their contention
that Alta California and the American southwest was illegally taken from
the Hispanic people - regardless of what the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo
says.

Villaraigosa remains a member of MEChA, and has adamantly refused to
disavow its philosophy of violent overthrow of the government.  After his
election, the watchword around Southern California was often heard, "Los
Angeles today.  California tomorrow!"

And some naive people believe the illegal invasion is harmless!

Buster Evan