[Spridgets] BRG and modern paint codes

Larry Daniels ladaniels at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 27 18:37:47 MDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Soave" <soavero at yahoo.com>
To: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels at sbcglobal.net>; "Spridgets"
<spridgets at autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2007 12:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] BRG and modern paint codes

--- Larry Daniels <ladaniels at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Good thing the racing season is pretty much over...
> Time to re-charge!

The extension is only adding 300 sq. ft, which will
bring the total to just about 1000 sf (approx. 1/10th
of Dream Farm shop/storage space!). The lift may come
sooner, but probably later. The issue is, despite
having an acre of land, I'm limited where I can put an
outbuilding. And due to odd shapes, I can't add much
on to the house where the garage is. Plus, I've got 6
different hipped roof lines, which makes doing
anything that doesn't lookhideous difficult. The
extension will be a nice finished race car shop area,
and it necessiates some other stuff like losing a
window on a bathroom that will be replaced by
skylights, moving other doors and windows, etc. Roof,
siding, etc...When all is said and done, the garage
space will cost about as much to build as finished
living space. Because of the slope of the property,
the slab they poured is 5 feet deep at the back, not
including the footing! Lots of work for 300 SF, but I
need it! It'll have insulation, heat, water, power
subpanel, and cable. Small but nice.

Ron

So you must be going mostly back rather than off to the right where the race
trailer normally is kept?

With all of that for Ron, I suspect Lynette is going to have a very merry
Christmas. ;-))

Larry