[Spridgets] fuel injection

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Fri Sep 7 11:26:04 MDT 2007

OK guys, start the clock.  I ordered the Megasquirt fuel injection controller
kit and plan a trip to the yards for a throttle body this weekend.

After reading extensively in the forums, I see that most folks spend quite a
bit of time getting the whole thing dialed in.  With Lake of the Ozarks coming
up next spring, I better be faster than that.

Project goals:  Electronic fuel injection coupled to ignition control, linked
to turbo boost.   I'm expecting great mileage, perfect mixture, altitude
mixture adjustment, boost linked timing retard, cold start perfection, and my
hair to be softer and more manageable.

The single 1.75 SU feeding the turbo is a perfect beginning for an upstream
injection system that will minimize the "charge robbing" issue with the
A-series.  By injecting ahead of the turbo, I won't need to worry about
injector timing.  Time to sharpen up the soldering skills.

Glen